THE MARINI FAMILY

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF OUR LIFE WITH TWO BOYS!

Monday, September 14, 2009

Signs

Sky diving is one of those things that tops my bucket list. I hate the term bucket list, but it is essentially the description of what you want to do before you die. I want to sky dive REALLY bad. I don't know why, but it has just been something I have always wanted to do.

Yesterday we drove to Sacramento because Rich found me a foot reflexology place that was cheap and runs a 10:00-11:00am deal. One hour for $12.99. Little excites me this much, but to say the least I was ECSTATIC!! As we were driving through the Lodi/Acampo area we looked up and saw all of the sky divers flying above us. The boys love them. I love them. As we were watching I said, "God, what a perfect day for a jump."

I had told Rich that I would do this one day. I would jump out of a plane on my own free will. However, I wouldn't do it until both the boys were older, because I simply can't justify to myself electively choosing to do something that could end my life and take a mother away from two boys. Yes, I could get in an accident tomorrow (God forbid), but still...the risk is not worth it for me. I would wait until they were grown, educated, and ready for life.

As we were driving back yesterday and say another group of jumpers scattered throughout the sky, I said to myself....SCREW IT! I'm, doing it! People do this every weekend and I am not going to wait. Just do it!

At 8:30 last night, Rich came in to the living room from being on the computer. He asked, "What time did we drive back from Sac yesterday?" Pause...."Um I think about 11:30am." Pause..."Well, today at about 1:30pm, two sky divers were killed in Acampo while practicing for a competition. There was actually three people who had their chutes tangled up and one of them was lucky enough to break free. The other two were not and they fell to their death."

I am a big believer in signs. And this is just short of somebody renting a Cal-Trans sign and putting it in my front lawn saying, "HEATHER...DO NOT GO SKY DIVING!"
Not now, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment