First, let me list a few of my happy places...
- In line at Starbucks. I really believe being in line with the anticipation that I will be ordering is more satisfying to me sometimes than actually taking the first sip.
- Getting into bed each night. I have a love affair with my bed. I think it is the most comfortable bed in the world, and top it off with a list of shows to watch on my Tivo....HAPPY PLACE!!!
- Walking through the gate at Disneyland, walking to the right and passing the sign that says, "HERE YOU LEAVE TODAY AND ENTER THE WORLD OF YESTERDAY, TOMORROW AND FANTASTY"
- Ocean Ave in Carmel, Ca...my future residence.
- Sitting at a slot machine with Rich, ordering a drink, and him giving me a play-by-play of how I am losing all my money. He maybe annoying, but he's mine.
- Matthew and Ryan kissing me before I ask them.
- An empty house. (Save your comments...I know they grow up fast and I will miss the noise one day. But I'll have you know that Ryan is screaming in the background as we speak and Matthew is laughing at him...enough said)
- The book store...which brings me back to the reason for the post.
We drove up to Sacramento to the annual SPCA Book Fair. I had gone a couple of years ago and it was fabulous. Yesterday was the last day it was open and that meant HALF OFF SUNDAY!!!! That is Rich's happy place. Anyway, we arrived at 11:00am, promptly when it was to open and I saw a line of people around the corner. As I walked in, a calmness came over my body and I knew I was with my people. There were hundreds of people with their heads down reading over thousands of titles of books. I was in heaven. Rich took the boys down to Jamba Juice to get a drink while I grabbed two paper bags and just started dumping books in. When they joined me to give me my drink so I could re-fuel, I simply said, "Thank you. Now goodbye, you no longer exist to me." Forty-five minutes and twenty-two books later (for the bargain price of $14.45), I walked out with enough books to last me a while.
Ahhh...say it with me....HAPPY PLACE!!!!