THE MARINI FAMILY

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF OUR LIFE WITH TWO BOYS!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dude...

My rule for the summer with Boy 1 and Boy 2---Unless one of them is bleeding, I don't want to hear about it.  If I had a dollar for every time my boys tattled, the Bora Bora vacation I have planned in my head would not only have turned into a fabulous vacation...I probably could have bought a summer home while I was there as well. So this conversation today should come at no surprise...

Ryan:  Mom, Matthew just called me a girl!

Mom:  Ignore him.

Ryan:  But Mom...I am NOT a girl.  I am NOT!  What do I say?

Mom:  Say, "No!  YOU are a girl.  A big girl!!  A big girl that stinks!  Badly!!" 

Seconds go by....and then...

Matthew:  Did you call me a big girl that STINKS??!!

Mom:  Yes I did.  Get over it!

Matthew:  WHAT??????

Mom:  Deal with it...I'm done!

Well...I'd like to say I am better than this.  That I am a better mom and show better judgement.  But I can't.  It is week six of summer vacation.  The level of my maturity while parenting is declining by the hour. 

Sticks and Stones people.  Sticks and stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment