THE MARINI FAMILY

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF OUR LIFE WITH TWO BOYS!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Registration

Look who I registered for Kindergarten yesterday....

You know, I wasn't sad when I walked into our office at school, three years ago, with Matthew's kindergarten papers.  I think I was more excited than anything because he was so excited about not only going to school, but being at my school with me.  And I felt the same.  It was this little milestone that spoke volumes of how far he had come, and selfishly...how far I had come.

And yesterday when I walked into the office, I had to take a deep breath before I could say, "I'm here to sign Ryan up for Kindergarten!"  Lump in my throat, praying tears would not show, I lined all his papers up on the counter for Kathy to go through them.  She smiled and said, "He's all set."  I kind of wanted to say, "Really?  You don't think he should wait a while more? Maybe one more year?"  Because his mom is not ready. 

Ryan, quite frankly, couldn't be more excited.  He asks me daily, "How many more days until I am at your school?" And I smile and answer him, knowing that me being sad is silly when he is so excited.  But screw it...I'm allowed my pity party.  He is the last "First, first day of school."  There is no doing this again and somehow five years just went by like five minutes.  How in the hell did that happen?

178 days until he is a Reese Roadrunner.   

No comments:

Post a Comment