THE MARINI FAMILY

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF OUR LIFE WITH TWO BOYS!

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Go to the Mattresess!

This isn't the Godfather.  It feels like the Godfather.  I have felt the rage like Marlon Brando a few times in the last month and a half dealing with my husband in our attempt to purchase a new mattress.  And I don't know why I am so surprised.  For as long as I have known him, he has NEVER bought anything in a timely manner.  A new car--at least a year or two.  A new TV--at least six months.  A new couch and wall unit--at least five to six months.  So...I knew the mattress would not be purchased right away, but a girl can dream right?  No, she can't.  You know why?  Because to dream, you would have to sleep, and that is what I have not been doing the last couple of months. 

So I "went to the mattresses".  I took a stand and left our bed and kicked my kids out of theirs.  Kids can sleep anywhere, right?  Oh wait, I don't care.  The first night I told Matt he could sleep with Rich in our bed he did a dance and went in and started setting season passes on our DVR.  I needed sleep and Matt had the newest mattress in our house.  So I went in, pulled rank, and kicked him out of his own bed.  The first night was bliss.  The only two that were complaining in the house were Teddy and Bear.  When we got the dogs years ago, Rich set the rule that they were not allowed in the boys rooms...ever!!!  That first night I walked into Matt's room, they ran around like, "What is happening??  Where is she going??  She knows we can't go in there!!  Whose legs are we going to lay on tonight, preventing them from moving the entire night???"  And the best part that first night, at about 4:30am, they had had enough and started whining at the door to get to me.  And you could imagine how happy Rich was, being woke up at 4:30 to them staging their protest.  Oh wait, I don't care.  Between Matt and Ryan's beds, I have been entering my little oasis each night for the past couple of weeks with my Nook and no dogs.  And no husband.  I haven't hated it.

Do you know how weird, unnatural, awkward, and uncomfortable it is to go into stores in front of perfect strangers and conduct conversations while laying down on mattresses?  I hate it.  I don't want to talk to anyone.  Give me my pillow protector and let me go lay on a couple of mattresses by myself.  Because I can tell you, nothing makes me more happy than laying down and having some creepy car salesman guy standing over me asking me how I feel and if it is firm enough.  I can't. I can't.  I can't.  And why am I laying on eighteen different mattresses and then expected to narrow it down to one?  Who does that?  Here is what we are looking for.  Show us four like it, and I will tell you which one I like.  And these "poor guys" who made us lay down on all everything in their showroom, actually thought that my husband asking for prices and delivery costs, was going to pull the trigger and buy one.  A small part of me felt sorry for them.  And then I thought....who feels sorry for me?  Says the girl who is still sleeping in another bed because her husband can't pull the trigger and buy something already.

Our new bedding showed up yesterday.  And it is girlie.  G-I-R-L-I-E.  The shade of pink, that I can now see in person, is just pink enough to make him uncomfortable.  Oh wait, I don't care.  In fact, I wouldn't care if when the comforter showed up, and it was actually 3D with flowers sprouting out the top of it like a blooming garden!!!!  I.  DON'T.  CARE.  This is what happens when I don't sleep.  I get cranky and mean. 

Last night, a month and a half later, we WENT BACK AGAIN to RC Willey, 98% sure about the actually pulling of the trigger and purchasing a mattress.  The poor salesman.  He has never worked so hard for a sale of one mattress before in his life. 

Here I am again.  Rich said, "Just lay on it again, you need to make sure you like it."  And my response..."Yep, feels just like it did a month and a half ago.  You understand I am trying not to get attached.  My back is trying not to not fall in love, for fear of rejection.  Again." 

And this is where Ryan and I spent our time while Rich "contemplated his purchase".  Watching this horrific game. 

Finally.  A deal is done.  Mattress is being delivered Wednesday.  Four more days.  I am thinking of passing the time shopping for accent pillows for the bedding.  Something in a soft yellow or lilac.  Because again, I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment