THE MARINI FAMILY

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF OUR LIFE WITH TWO BOYS!

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Mother's Day

First of all, let me apologize for my complete lack of attention to this blog.  The last quarter of school is a killer and has sucked the life out of me.  This week is the last week of school, which also means it is Matthew's promotion from sixth grade, so I am sure there will be a sob filled post from me at some point next week. 

On Mother's Day Rich had asked what I wanted to do and I told him I wanted to go to lunch.  As he started to throw out some ideas, I said..."Oh, I'm sorry.  I meant I want to go to lunch somewhere that any time I look up, from any angle, I see the ocean."  He got the hint.

We headed to Half Moon Bay for day.  Our departure time was 5:00am.  I'm guessing lunch with a view AND sleeping in was too much to ask for.  It turns out that it was for the best because there really is only one way into HMB and with traffic, an hour an a half drive can turn into a three hour drive very quickly.  We had no traffic going (shocking) and when we left after lunch, had no traffic going back.  We were home by 3:00pm and it was a perfect day.

An overcast day at the beach is my ideal day.  We all had sweatshirts on and flip flops.  Perfection.





Mine.  All mine.
  
This picture makes me laugh because Rich looks like he's posing for a prom picture.  Not that he went to prom....but maybe this would have been how he smiled if he had.

A little walk downtown...


We took a wrong turn and found this bed and breakfast.  This is where I want to stay next time we come.

Lunch!!

I promise, I had more than just this for lunch.  The lady sitting at the next table ordered this at the same time and when the waitress brought them to us, we toasted each other to a happy Mother's Day.

Yeah, they don't serve this in Lodi. 





Great day with all my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment