THE MARINI FAMILY

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF OUR LIFE WITH TWO BOYS!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Garage Sale

So, this weekend we are having another garage sale. We have about three a year. Rich is a garage sale maniac. I know our neighbors must talk about us. I would make comments about us if I was that neighbor. In fact I have thought about hiring him out to work other people's garage sales because he loves it so mcuh. The challenge to him is to not just get rid of the stuff, it is to make the most money as possible. It's rather entertaining to watch.

Our purpose is always to clear stuff out that we don't need anymore, and make room for the new stuff I like to shop for...so it can be then put in the garage sale next year. This weekend is a little bittersweet for me. We are getting rid of Ryan's highchair. It is the last visible thing in our house that says "baby lives here". His crib and changing table have been gone for a couple of months, along with all the baby toys that both boys played with. The baby things are leaving the house and this is hard for me. For the last five years, there has been a constant look to our house and now it is changing. I know they have to grow up and I know I won't miss stepping on all the toys everywhere around the house, but it is hard to imagine a house without the baby stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment