THE MARINI FAMILY

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF OUR LIFE WITH TWO BOYS!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Play Dates and Broken Hearts

Today Matthew had a play date. It is not the first that he has had, but it is the first where Ryan knew that he was not invited and he could not go. It's reality setting in. This is not going away anytime soon. Play dates will happen, hearts will be broken. As Ryan was crying crocodile tears while Matt left, he was yelling at me, "You're not a nice boy, Mom!!!"

I remember these days. My sister is four years older and I couldn't count up the times that she yelled from her bedroom to my mom or dad, "Can you please tell Heather to get out of my room, she is bothering us!" So I get this. I get what he is going through, and it will be tough, but one day Ryan will have his own friends and do his own thing.

I am off to play Wii with my little guy. As he was screaming and crying, I was offering everything I had to make it up to him. He finally took the bait. Off to play Toy Story Mania. My thanks to Kristin who came and got my big boy so that I could spend some speical time with my little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment