THE MARINI FAMILY

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF OUR LIFE WITH TWO BOYS!

Monday, April 30, 2012

The countdown is on!

Only 19 days to go!  Three of them are minimum days and one of them I will be gone for Ryan's preschool graduation.  I know you may think this is tedious and dumb...I've never been more ready for a school year to end and so each one of these days are like little milestones that I get to check off and enjoy.

Last week our annual trip to Alcatraz went off beautifully.  We had ideal weather and the kids had the time of their lives!  For the first time ever, I got a thank you card the next morning from a student thanking me for putting the trip together and telling me what a great time he had.  It made everything worth it!  And by everything I mean the sleepless nights leading up to trip, the escalated blood pressure that lasts from 6:00am when the bus takes off to 5:00pm when the bus returns, and the countless time-outs I give myself throughout the day so I don't walk up to one of the chaperones and says something like, "Are you kidding me right now??  Who is the adult here and who is the child!?"  It was all worth it and it is every year and that is why we go back.


Matthew had Pioneer School today.  It is the big third grade field trip that they work diligently preparing for all year.  He woke up this morning this morning and said, "It is finally my day!!!!"  Well, his and 29 others...but who am I to squash him at 7:00am in the morning.  Besides, he totally lucked out because his Aunt Mickie just so happens to be one of the docents at the school and she just so happened to also get my Mom in to help out with the class.  There are no parents allowed at all and so I went around that little rule and let both of them know when his class was going to be there so they could work it and see him.  They had a great time and so did he.  He had to be in full dress, we had to wrap all of his food in wax paper, it was carried in a tin pail, and he could only drink out of a tin cup.  His meal of choice was raisins, beef jerky, carrots, cornbread, and sugar cookies.  The hanky in his pocket he stitched himself. :)



As the end of the school year closes in, I am in full gear getting ready for Open House.  It is next week and I am not even close to being ready.  For the past five or so years I have made a class video as a gift for all my students.  It is a labor of love.  It is pictures from the first day of school until the night before Open House.  I work on it all year and it is something I love giving them.  So you will understand that when my laptop crashed two weeks ago in class, I screamed at first and then almost started crying in front of my entire class.  The kids went nuts with "What happened?", "Are you alright?", "Was she just screaming?"  I couldn't tell them what I had just lost because it is a surprise...well sort of... and I didn't want them to be sad that I may have lost everything and there would be no movie.  I have had this one girl in the class ask me several times in the past month, "So when do we get our video?", and I have just replied..." I have no idea what you are talking about!"  That almost was true.  However, thanks to my MGC ladies...Lynn and Kelly, they graciously lent me their laptop and I am almost caught up.  It was touch and go in the beginning because their laptop is newer and the imovie format was completely different and last Friday night at 10:24pm I finally figured out what I was doing and did a little dance party in my dining room.  I had been cussing up a storm all night and so when I started singing and dancing at 10:25pm, Rich was relieved not only that I had figured it out, but that our neighbors were no longer dealing with "the other side of Heather" they had not met before.

By the way, the countdown to our family vacation is 36 days.  I....can't....wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment