THE MARINI FAMILY

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF OUR LIFE WITH TWO BOYS!

Monday, April 6, 2009

R & R at Disneyland




So, I thought it was unfair to post Matthew and I's trip back east, without posting Rich and Ryan's spring break fun.

While Matt and I were gone, Rich took Ryan to Disnelyand. They had a blast going on the same old rides, and some news ones since Ryan has met new height requirements. I am sure it was a great trip for Ryan because he did not have to negotiate what rides to go on next with Matt and who was going to sit with whom. It was very low key and the boys had a great time.

I will say this, though. When Matt was this same age, I went away for a weekend with some friends to San Francisco and while I was gone, Rich took Matt to Disneyland...by himself. I really can't count the number of people who stopped me after I spoke the words, "by himself", and said...."What? Rich took him ALL by himself? With no one else?" Yes. Yes he did. Because it's like this. He's the dad. That does not make him any less of a parent than I am. Rich does everything I do and other than breast-feeding, it has pretty much been like that since day one. Does he do things the way I do them? Of course not, but it gets done. Because listen, if something were to happen to me (God forbid), no crash course in parenting needed. The boy has it covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment