THE MARINI FAMILY

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF OUR LIFE WITH TWO BOYS!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Last year in the single digits....

I told Matt yesterday that this birthday kicked off his last year in single digits.  He couldn't be happier, I wish his mother could say the same.  For his birthday he wanted to change his room around.  It was like he was transitioning from kid room to big kid room.  He wanted a new desk, a new dresser, a nightstand, an alarm clock, and all new bedding.  After all was given (yes, all) we each stepped back and looked at the room with a heavy sigh.  It definitely looked like a big kids room.  As I was processing the entire thing, feel sad about what I saw, all of a sudden my eyes locked on two items that made me breathe a little easier.  There, in the midst of this transformation, was a table full of Legos and a few stuffed animals on top of his bed.  It was a gift.  Like a small sign that this childhood wasn't quite over yet.  At the end of the night I went in to say good night and see how the new bedding was.  He grinned and said it was perfect.  I grabbed the covers and crawled in bed for a second, watched a little Tom and Jerry with him, loving the quiet, and that is when he said it....

"In five years, that's when I get my cell phone, right?"

Talk about a mood killer.  I told him that we will discuss it as it gets nearer.

This what nine years old looks like.

Of course the cake had to be fishing!!!
 

 
 
And quickly, not to forget Halloween.
 
Representing the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers

 I'm not going to lie....this was the first year that I didn't make a costume and it was depressing.  As much as it stresses me out, I do love making them.  I was all set to make a Pacman costume for Matt when he changed his mind and just wanted to be a football player.  How boring.
 
Trick or treating almost did them in.  They were EXHAUSTED by the end of the night.   


No comments:

Post a Comment