THE MARINI FAMILY

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF OUR LIFE WITH TWO BOYS!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

First Day of School--First Grade.

5:30am

Matthew: (Wide awake) Mom, your clock says it's six o'clock.
Mom: (Slurring her words) Matthew, my clock is an half an hour fast. It's 5:30, go back to bed.


6:15am

Matthew: Mom, the clock out in the living room says it's past the six o'clock.
Mom: (still slurring her words) Matthew, seriously? Fine, let's get up. But just so you know, school doesn't start for anther two hours. That means the big hand has to go around the clock two times!!
Matthew: I think I want breakfast now.

Mom: Okay. Let's go.


I am surprised Matt was up so early, he really didn't fall asleep until about 10:00, and he went to bed at 8:30. He was just too excited. He ate breakfast, got dressed, did all the before you leave chores, and I still was half asleep.

When we got to school, he played in my room until it was time to go down and see his classroom.

Here is a picture of his friend Kirsten. She also started first grade today. They are darling together and only three days apart. I am thinking we will bring this picture out when they go to prom together.



Here is me and the boy right before the bell rings.


Here is his teacher Mrs. Schatz. I absolutely love her. I am so excited for him this year.


THE DESK!! In all it's glory!


After he go situated in class, he headed out to recess. The big playground!
After bouncing from one big play structure to the next, he finally recognized a familiar face, Matt Nickel (who is my co-workers son). Immediately he started playing with him and his friends....even though they are third graders. That might get old soon, but for now Matthew will play with them for as long as they will have him.

Stay tuned...I am sure many stories are to follow throughout the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment