THE MARINI FAMILY

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF OUR LIFE WITH TWO BOYS!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Baby Bonanza

When you come to that realization that you are no longer going to have any more kids,  it's a bittersweet moment.  Because you realize that you'll never bring another baby home from the hospital, you'll never have night feedings again (which I love--I know, it's insane), you'll never have a lot of those monumental firsts again.  And for us it was a easy decision because we knew that we only wanted two kids and never questioned the fact that we didn't want to continue parenting being outnumbered by children.  As long as there were two of us, and two of them....Rich and I had a 50% chance of being right and in control.  If we had one more....my money's on the kids at this point.  It would be like the inmates taking over the insane asylum. 

And with this decision of not adding to the brood, I then turn to my friends.  The ones still having kids.  I need them.  I need them to have babies so I won't have one just for the purpose of smelling like throw up and rocking back and forth while standing.  I need to get my fix on other peoples babies because being around them and smelling them and loving on them is something that I need to do.  So, this weekend, two of my very dearest friends did the honors of letting me get my fix. 

On Saturday the boys and I headed to Pleasanton to go to Andersen's first birthday.  Emilie had a fantastic kid friendly party supplied with a bounce house and crafts...that made my boys' day!  It is so hard to believe that Andersen is already a year old!!!  He is absolutely darling!!!

Andersen stealing some ice.







Matthew and Ryan loved the craft area!  Huge score Emilie!

 Em and Andersen







 I think he likes it!



What a fantastic day!!

The other favorite part of my weekend was my dear friend Christie coming to California for the first time with her daughter Lauren.  I had to go and see her twice!!  Christie and her husband Brad live in Chicago and I am lucky her mom and dad are still here because she has to come back and see them...so I sneak over for my visits!
I could really just eat this girl up!  She is so sweet and loving and loves to cuddle and sleep...a girl after my own heart!  On Friday when I was holding her she spit up and I didn't change my shirt until bed.  I know that sounds repulsive and gross...but I loved the smell and couldn't bring myself to change it.

Just look at this girl.







Matthew was just a bit smitten.  He tried to play peek a boo with her.  Someday, not just yet!

Love.

Meemaw (Debi) with the girl.

 Debi and Mark.

Chris, Lauren and me.

 My favorite picture....I look at this and I think..."When did we turn into adults???"  We did good Chris!






 
To two of my dearest friends...Emilie and Christie.  My heart swells to watch you as mothers.  You both are so fabulous and I love seeing you with your beautiful children.  Andersen and Lauren have no idea how they lucked out in the mom department!  Congratulations to you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment