THE MARINI FAMILY

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF OUR LIFE WITH TWO BOYS!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mr. Independent

Matthew. Matthew. Matthew. This boy is all about independence. Which is great--sometimes. I know this is how kids learn. They need to try things, use problem solving techniques, and then we can slide in and help if needed. I have always said that the great thing about Matthew is you only have to show him how to do something once. Bam!--he's got it. The bad thing is---you only have to show him once. He remembers everything...except how to match colors when picking out clothes.

Today I had a staff day at school, so Rich took the boys to Chuck E. Cheese. Rich often takes the boys there to play for a few hours. I hate it there. I prefer being dropped off at Barnes and Nobles to sit down with a coffee and a book. Anyway I was out the door at 7:30 this morning and obviously not around when Matthew dressed himself. So here we go...Laker jersey (bright purple and yellow), red and navy striped basketball shorts, navy blue and yellow striped socks, black nike head band, and bright orange basketball wristbands. No one could have talked him out of this outfit if the world depended on it.

Obviously that day he and I sat down to talk "coordinating colors" was a waste of time.

Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment