THE MARINI FAMILY

WELCOME TO THE CRAZINESS OF OUR LIFE WITH TWO BOYS!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Heart Happy

I love things that make my heart happy.  Big thing, little things, smelly things, and yes, shiny things.  I love this time of the year.  LOVE IT!  I love everything from the music, the lights, the smells, and the lists.  I love making lists and I love reading them.  Which brings me to my heart happy post...

The other night we asked Ryan and Matt to make another list for Santa.  We do this several times because the truth is they change their mind a lot and we pay close attention to the things that repeatedly show up.  When I read Matt's list, it just made my heart happy.  It's still there.  You know what it is.  It hasn't been questioned yet.  It hasn't been discovered yet.  It is very alive and for that I am grateful.  Because when it is over, this won't be fun anymore.  No more letters.  No more questions.  No more threatening to call Santa on a moments notice.  It will be over soon and I was just getting started.  Yes, this whole process is stressful.  This "it" is some serious stuff.  Elbows to the chin in the toy department at Toys R Us serious.  Different wrapping paper from mom and dad's gifts serious.  No evidence of handwriting on gift tags so they won't be able to say later that the handwriting looked familiar serious.  IT is just serious...period.

Here is Matt's heart happy note to Santa.  What I love about it was his gradual...kiss up a little...introduction that not only was thoughtful of Santa's well being, but also of all his reindeer.  Smooth move little man.  Then, after the formalities, he fires away with, "Did you get me presents?"  Then, as if he was concerned that he came on a little strong with the present asking, he then follows it up with "Watch out for the countdown", because we can't have Santa getting hurt coming down the chimney with the gifts.

Here is the back of the letter.  The "List" if you will.  Much thought went into each item.  However, again, afraid of coming off too greedy, then throws in at the end.....whatever you have!  Smart boy.

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there....


No comments:

Post a Comment